From the President
Welcome to the 2022-2023 Junior League Year!
I have this feeling we have all been here before…while also being very excited for all the new programs, leaders, and events we have planned for the year.
As I was sitting down to write this year’s “President’s Letter”, I looked at the past two years and see letters with a lot of hope for what we might still be able to accomplish, while appreciating that those accomplishments might be very small in comparison to past achievements.
Looking back at what we have done in the last two years:
- Wrapped up our Empowering Girls programming
- Selected a new focus area, Food Insecurity, ready to start planning for 2023-2024
- Continued to have social events, committee meetings and membership meetings; in person, over Zoom and a combination of both
- Also, have had volunteer shifts for members to keep offering their time to our community
- Found ways to streamline our infrastructure, having a structure that better fits our organization and what our community needs
- TRAININGS!!! SO many trainings….many online, but also a few in person.
- Honored our volunteers each year with fun and innovative Annual Awards Dinners
- And as an Association, been present in social justice, women’s bodily autonomy and a new mission statement
And while ALL of that is really impressive, it’s just a warmup for what is ahead of us!
Looking forward to 2022-2023 we will be:
- Properly celebrating 80 years of service to our community
- Bringing back Touch-A-Truck on November 12, 2022
- Working with an Ad Hoc committee and community partners to plan what our new focus area, Food Insecurity, will look like for our League
- Offering new social events and training opportunities to all of our members throughout the year
We invite all of you to dive in again this year, you only get out what you put in. And we will be able to build a better organization with all of you being part of it…Let’s Do This!
(626) 806-6934 email@example.com